Make it nano!
Silicon waveguide technology is processed on 6” wafer scale, thin SOI layer 220nm active device and 3μm oxide buried material configurations.
Low loss high index contrast submicron size waveguide are fabricated by CMOS compatible process in order to realize dense Photonic Integrated Circuit; due to high line flexibility, fast prototyping and low/medium production can be achieved.
The technology available at INPHOTEC supports the realization of structures with minimum feature size in the range of 50 to 70nm and can guarantee the realization of components with building blocks like:
- Ring resonators
- Thermal tuning structures achieved by silicon embedded resistor or overlay metal
- P and N junctions for direct modulation
- WDM structures
- Lateral coupler with silicon taper and medium contrast layer
- Surface gratings with different designs, shapes and materials to enlarge the bandwidth and reduce the coupling losses
An external service through qualified industrial partner will support the Ion Implantations.
The PD, Germanium photo-detector integration will also be supported by an external industrial partner.
The key equipment utilized for this platform are:
- Direct writing system by VB6 Vistec Raith
- Etching system by Omega-Mori with SF6 –C4F8 –CH2F2 gas mixture
- Si3N4 and Si Poly by LPCVD vertical and Horizontal
- UV exposure system, front and backside alignment
- PECVD liquid system by TEOS, BTEOS and PTEOS for High Conformal Coating
- Evaporation System for metal layer by lift-off
- Field Emission SEM Microscope low acceleration voltage
- Spectro ellipsometer for high accuracy determination of n, k and thickness